Monday, May 28, 2007

Gizmo Build

I bought this Gizmo rocket From Wildman at the Winter Nationals. It is all fiberglass.


The good side.

Launch lugs are PML linear ones.

Slimline Retainer

Note I replaced the stock motor tube with a longer cardboard one because it was to short to add the Slimline on the bottom. Also I needed more length on the top for the 38/54 adapter that I already have.

The nosecone has a threaded rod with some washers and nuts on the end, anchored into epoxy at the tip. The threaded rod has a nut at the aft end to hold a bulkhead which has a u-bolt for the shockcord.

I have an idea to use Testors paints since The Gizmo is not that big. I'll make the nose chrome, the body Metal Flake Red and two fins Metal Flake Blue and one Metal Flake Green. You don't see that combo very often.

It weighs 4 lb 10 ounces with the adapter installed. Now I have started thinking about putting the strap on Helmet cam on this rocket.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: